“A very fine sparkling” – Regan Drew


DAOSA Natural Réserve 4th Release

“This is the fourth release of the NV from Xavier Bizot and the Terre a Terra team, using the trademarked “Method Classic.” Comprising Pinot Noir (72%) and Chardonnay (28%), with 84% coming from the warmer 2019 vintage, the remaining 16% came from reserve 2017 and 2018 wines. Aged without sulphur in old oak barrels until tirage in December 2019.  18 months on lees, disgorged in July 2021 with 7 g/L dosage.

Pale straw gold, plentiful fine bubbles. Light dusky red strawberry and fragile flaky butter pastry grapefruit, peach chardonnay, handful of grilled nuts and saline spray of freshness. Delicate, narrow and focused mousse with restrained effervescence. Effortlessly medium bodied with toothsome complexity and deep savoury tail. Fine, cutting acidity ensures freshness. A very fine sparkling at the price point.”


Regan Drew, vinonotebook

November 2021


Latest Reviews