“A new classic.” 94 points – Regan Drew | VinoNoteBook


Daosa Natural Réserve NV 6th Release

Author: Regan Drew | VinoNoteBook

“The sixth release of the NV (should that be MV?) from Xavier and Lucy Bizot and the Terre a Terra team, using the trademarked “Method Classic.” Comprising Pinot Noir (60%) and Chardonnay (39%) and 1% Pinot Meunier. 83% of the base wine coming from the 2021 vintage, the remaining 17% came from reserve 2019 and 2020 wines. Aged without sulphur in old oak barrels until tirage in October 2021. Then over 18 months on lees, disgorged in August 2023.

Pale straw hue, with fast fine bubbles. Previous red fruit dominance takes a small step back and while the prominent cherry and strawberry are still there, more Chardonnay in the blend brings forth nuttier and briny characters. There’s all sorts of things going on: baked goods, ham hock, sesame oil, musk sticks, preserved lemon and grapefruit pith. Complex and layered with fine interplay of texture and fruit, which shows bright through the long tail as a delicious lemony citrus tang. Easily able to handle heartier dishes, this has brawn, with elegance.”

94 Points

Latest Reviews